Wednesday 18 July 2012

To blog or not to blog......

I went to high school in the mid to late 80's (don't do the math, I'm in my early 30's *cough*) When I was there, there were computer classes. These classes consisted of green screen computers with those keyboards that always looked dirty yellow. I can't remember what was taught in those classes but I do know that you must ALWAYS turn your screen off if you are leaving the computer on, otherwise you will burn the image/writing into the screen. We also used to finish the class by putting a plastic cover over the computer. Yep, clearly I took notice in these classes. The truth was, I wasn't interested as I always said I'd never have an office job and so I would have no use for computer knowledge.  Jump ahead 20 something years and the first thing I do is turn on the computer followed by the kettle. 

Which brings me (in a round about way) to my first blog. I am not sure why exactly I want to blog, but I feel inspired to. To be honest I'm not a big blog reader myself, but over the few years I've been on twitter I have come across some amazing bloggers.  @Bern_Morley who writes  So Now What speaks to you in a way that is totally relatable. @annaspargoryan's blog http://blog.annaspargoryan.com/ is so brilliantly written, I'm still deciding whether I should post my first blog at all.

Now don't get me wrong, this isn't a paid presentation on bloggers you should read, it's just my way of explaining how I am inspired to put finger to keyboard. I can't promise you Nobel prize winning writing, nor can I promise you tales of foreign travels and living the high life. What I can promise though, is a blog about nothing in particular but always written from the heart. I am the person who says and also asks the questions others may not want to. Ironically I am a private person who keeps her cards close to her chest, so this should make for an interesting ride. I will no doubt refer to my fur child Manolo (as in Blahnik), I can promise a reference or 2 to George Clooney and shoes will feature once in a while. I can also promise spelling mistakes, although I am a great speller I am however an average typist.
And it would seem blogger.com's spell check seems to think the word blog is spelled incorrectly! How does that work?? I must also apologise in advance, I do love me a swear word. Although, can you get in trouble swearing on here? Clearly I have a lot to learn about blogging, to be honest I'm still trying to work out how to make it look prettier!

Ok so I'm about to press publish, this is the most nervous thing I've done since standing next to P!nk in a bar in Port Douglas and trying to look cool, wish me luck!!

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! First blog post done! Can't wait to see what's next...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done MsShoegalClooney - you took the blogging plunge! I am not a blogger (only so many hours in the day), but look forward to reading more of your thoughts, wherever they may take you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you! Great first blog post - looking forward to reading many more.

    ReplyDelete